Welcome to First Christian Church of Colorado Springs
We have a strong commitment to children and youth, we seek to practice “radical hospitality” and to accept folks wherever they are on life’s journey. You’ll never be told what you "have to" believe, and, perhaps most important, everyone is treated with respect and dignity; no one is second-class and all are truly welcome!
We are part of a whole movement of Christians – the Disciples of Christ – who seek to embody true community, deep spirituality, and a passion for justice. Learn more about our movement nationally and internationally at www.disciples.organd more about our "wider church family" in the tri-state Central Rocky Mountain region.
EXCITING NEWS! FCC has begun the conclusion of the renovation/re-tiling project at our north entrance and welcome center! The north entrance WILL be CLOSED Monday, March 10 through Saturday, March 17! The primary alternate entrance will be the east alley door, next to the staff parking lot on the southeast side of the building. Look for signs on the outside of the building in the north parking lot that will guide you to this door. You may either use the call button at the north door to alert church staff that you’re headed for the alley door, or just call the office, 719-633-8888, when you get to the door. Feel free to park in the "staff lot" near the alley door. Your group leader will have information on entrances for specific activities.For more detailed information, check with your group's/activity's leader or call the church office. Please bear with us while we’re under construction - - and anticipate how beautiful the end result will be!
On Sundays, enter through ANY door; on weekdays, use the north parking lot door.
This Week at FCC....
- Wednesday, March 12
- The Book & Bible Study Group will have its third session viewing and discussing “Jesus to Christ: The First Christians." Everyone is welcome and previous attendance is not required. More information HERE.
- Sunday, March 16
- Worship -- on this second Sunday of Lent, Senior Pastor Chuck Blaisdell continues his sermon series "The ABC's of Faith" with a sermon entitled "K - Kingdom." (If all goes well this week, we will enjoy the newly re-tiled north entry and welcome area!) At the 11:00 a.m. service, our Chancel Choir will sing "The Glory of the Lord," and at BOTH services our new "Grace Notes Choir" (FCC's children & youth) will sing "Inside Your Kingdom."
- Young Adult Lunch/Fellowship, 12:30 p.m. (Meet in the sanctuary entry/narthex following 11:00 a.m. worship. Email for more information.)
News & Upcoming.... (Also check-out the latest weekly "news & information email," normally sent on Thursdays).
- Maundy Thursday Worship, April 17, evening. (More details to follow)
- Community Good Friday Service, Friday April 18, 12:00 to 3:00 p.m. at First Presbyterian Church. Senior Pastor Chuck Blaisdell will be preaching at 1:00 p.m.
- "Eggstravaganza!" Saturday, April 19, 10:00 a.m. to noon. A fun time for children and the young-at-heart.
- Sunday, April 20 EASTER!! Worship at 8:15 and 11:00 a.m.
- The Central Rocky Mountain Disciples churches gather for the biennial Regional Assembly/Spring Feast! Friday/Saturday, April 25/26 in Loveland/Ft. Collins. More information HERE.
AND DON'T MISS....
- The February-March edition of the church newsletter, The Visitor, is now online.
- UPDATED 3/3/14 Small Group Opportunities! Lots of great fellowship and mission opportunities in lots of new ways!
"We seek to be a congregation where spiritual growth is the norm,
where growing in faith is expected, and that expects and
respects a diversity of opinion.
We will be a community of faith, radical in hospitality, outrageous in generosity
and joyful in service to God and neighbor."
From our "Ministry and Vision" statement
Our partners in ministry:
A Message From our Senior Pastor
17th century French mathematician Blaise Pascal said that every human being has a "God-shaped hole" in the heart that is seeking to be filled. Here at First Christian Church we want to joyfully help you find how God is offering you purpose, meaning, and a connection with something larger than your own life. Check us out!