Weather Update, Friday, December 6
The FCC offices will be open on a A VERY limited schedule today, from approximately 10:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Given staff duties today in preparation for the weekend, if you may get voicemail during those hours; if so, your call will be returned asap. Before 10:00 a.m. and after 1:30 p.m., support staff will be checking email and voicemail remotely.
Welcome to First Christian Church of Colorado Springs
We have a strong commitment to children and youth, we seek to practice “radical hospitality” and to accept folks wherever they are on life’s journey. You’ll never be told what you "have to" believe, and, perhaps most important, everyone is treated with respect and dignity; no one is second-class and all are truly welcome!
We are part of a whole movement of Christians – the Disciples of Christ – who seek to embody true community, deep spirituality, and a passion for justice. Learn more about our movement nationally and internationally at www.disciples.organd more about our "wider church family" in the tri-state Central Rocky Mountain region.
On Sundays, enter through ANY door; on weekdays, use the north parking lot door.
This Week, December 2 through December 8, at FCC....
- Saturday, December 7.
- ADVENT FESTIVAL! Fun for the young and young-at-heart of all ages. Crafts and fun as we welcome the Advent and Christmas season. Beginning at 3:00 p.m. and finishing in time to attend the annual Festival of Lights parade at 5:50 p.m. During the Festival, participants will attend a performance of "Amahl and the Night Visitors" in FCC's sanctuary.
- Sunday, December 8
- WORSHIP! On this second Sunday of Advent, Senior Pastor Chuck Blaisdell will bring a sermon entitled "Know: Peace." We will receive our "Second Sunday Noisy Offering for Mission"; this month's recipient is Springs Rescue Mission. Back by popular acclaim, the Swallowtail Celtic Trio will grace our worship with their beautiful music!
UPCOMING.....(For more news & upcoming see the latest weekly email, sent on Thursdays)
- Take a look at all the exciting Advent giving opportunities available to you! Also, FCC's "Make a Difference Christmas/Alternative Gift Catalog" is now available online (or on the table at the sanctuary entry). Consider a gift of hope to someone in need -- and what a fitting way such a gift will honor someone special in your life!
- Also, please consider a gift to our partner in ministry, the Central Rocky Mountain Region of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ). They do so much on our behalf! Watch this greeting from our Regional Minister!
- Saturday, December 13, 9:30 a.m., on FCC's Labyrinth (in sanctuary if weather inclement), "Remembrance of the Sandy Hook Shootings" on the one-year anniversary. The ringing of bells and the offering of prayers in this quiet, contemplative time.
- Saturday, December13, 1:30 p.m., Fellowship Hall. All women are invited to bring a friend and come to the annual Christmas Tea. Tickets are $10, and will benefit FCC women attending the Disciples Women Quadrennial Assembly. Email for more information.
- Sunday, December 15, 12:30 p.m., Christmas Caroling to FCC's homebound, shut-in, and nursing home folks. Come brighten the day of these saints.
- Tuesday, December 24, Christmas Eve Worship.
AND DON'T MISS....
- The November/December issue of the church newsletter, The Visitor, is now online.
- UPDATED 11/13/13 Small Group Opportunities and Women's Ministry Group Opportunities! Lots of great fellowship and mission opportunities in lots of new ways!
"We seek to be a congregation where spiritual growth is the norm,
where growing in faith is expected, and that expects and
respects a diversity of opinion.
We will be a community of faith, radical in hospitality, outrageous in generosity
and joyful in service to God and neighbor."
From our "Ministry and Vision" statement
Our partners in ministry:
A Message From our Senior Pastor
17th century French mathematician Blaise Pascal said that every human being has a "God-shaped hole" in the heart that is seeking to be filled. Here at First Christian Church we want to joyfully help you find how God is offering you purpose, meaning, and a connection with something larger than your own life. Check us out!